Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Sahar Dost Project
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khurram Owais Shah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Sahar Dost Project Reply with quote

Screener: Shay De Silva
Project Team: Arifa Khandwalla, Farhan Khan, Muhammad Bilal
Evaluation Committee: Shahan Zafar, Abdur-Rahim Syed, Hassan Shah
Muhammad Bilal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends!

I hope everyone is fine.
Please do share any information if anyone has contacted the NGO or mentioned referees. I will try to contact them in the next couple of days.

So far have not found any website that shows the price of CP machine. The link mentioned in response from Mr. Javed has some relevent specifications though.

http://www.diatron.com/index.php?page=products&sub=prod_hum

I am looking for further information, will share it as soon as its available.

There is also the contact information of their distributor in Pakistan. I'll talk to him tomorrow to see if he can confirm the price.

Can anyone guide which project summary form we have to start filling ?
Arifa Khandwalla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: CP machine and other concerns Reply with quote

Hello Everyone

I look forward to working with you on this proposal.

Just to reiterate, if you cannot post to this site as yet, then please contact Khurram and he will add you.

As Muhammed has pointed out, we have very little information about the CP machine costs. It appears from the link that there are several types of CP machines available. Their proposal has not specified the details of the CP machine they wish to purchase. We need the specs to get alternative quotes.

2. In addition, I am unclear from the write-up about the status of their blood screening program and in which phase are they operating ? I think what they are saying is that they do have safe blood screenings for people who pay but as a matter of routine. If they do not have the CP machine then how are they doing it? Do they already have facilities to analyze blood as part of the blood screening program? Also what is the

3. Also, they write, 250 patients live within the district Naushera Firoz with 41 registered although the center has been operating for a year. The center has been established for a year so far. Suppose we fund them, will they be able to conduct the outreach necessary to get those 250 patients to come to their facility ?

4. Who will do the work at the center and how will their expenses be met? The funds they have requested cover equipment such as the CP machine, beds, drips and finite supplies such as blood bags and medication. Will their revenue model cover salaries for the services they want to provide? We need to see the actual budget for the project. Will the 250 patients be able to afford those payments?

After we collect all the questions and concerns, I will be happy to contact the NGO to figure out the details.

I believe today is the deadline for questions and comments, so it would be great if all members of the team can relay their questions and comments as soon as possible.

Best

Arifa

Khurram Owais Shah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, please make sure that only person from the team maintains contact with the NGO. Too many people establishing contact for the same queries can get confusing. Usually we prefer to have the team lead take this responsibility. If however you feel that it's easier for Bilal to do it because of time difference, convenience to call, that's fine too. Feel free to decide amongst yourselves.

-Khurram
Arifa Khandwalla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bilal,

I like to contact the NGO myself. It would be great if you can get in touch with the distributor for the machine. Also, it would be great if you can contact the first two references as well.

Arifa

Muhammad Bilal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arifa!

Sorry I forgot to mention in the last post about deciding which team member is to contact the NGO.

Since you will be in touch with the NGO, I am trying to get a quote from the distributor for the said machine. Meanwhile I am also looking out for any other distributors dealing in similar equipment to get a comparison.

However it would be a lot easier if we can have details about the machine.

What is your tentative plan to contact the NGO as I might not be able to get useful information without any machine details.

Bilal
Arifa Khandwalla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bilal,

I am waiting for a response back from the NGO. As soon as I receive it , I will pass it on to you.

Regards

Arifa

Farhan Khan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
First of all, sorry for joining the forum late. Unfortunately, due to some personal circumstances last two weeks were quite hectic for me.

In reference to Arifa's email from June 26th, I am assuming the diagnostic facility already has some sort of blood screening machine.

(1) If they have it, how is that diffrent from CP machine?

I think we need to clearly understand what kind of equipment they currently have and what's the exact gap that they are trying fill with the CP machine considering that's the most expensive part of the project. This will also help us in filling out the project summary form.

(2) Also, what kind of annual maintenance cost is expected for CP machine and TCIC? Will they have budget to cover that cost?

Regards,
Farhan

Farhan Khan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks,
Please let me know if anyone is following up on the outstanding open questions besides the machine details where we are waiting for a response from the NGO.

Based on what we have read so far about the NGO and the project, shall we compile a concise list of questions from everyone and submit it to NGO?

Please let me know and I will be happy to contact the NGO.

Regards,
Farhan

Arifa Khandwalla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Response from NGO Reply with quote

I received a comprehensive response from Javed Shah, the NGO contact. I have attached his responses and the questions to which he responded.

I will attach in the next email the actual quote that he emailed me. The quote has been obtained by the NGO for the junior hematology analyzer and not the basic one. I think Bilal that it would make sense to get quotes for both type of machines to see what the price difference is. I am not clear what their needs are and if they can manage with the basic or they need the junior.

Arifa Khandwalla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Quotes attached Reply with quote

Bilal, Can you get quotes from at least one other equipment company in Pakistan. Thanks

The files are quite large. The quote is from

SEICO for Abacus -J

(051) 5532115, 5555313-15,
seico@seico.com.pk

We want one for Abacus -J and Basic

I am in the process of contacting the third referee. We need to get all 3 references in order before the 11th July call as well I believe.

Farhan Khan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
I will review the documents uploaded by Arifa later today and provide my feedback.

Meanwhile, I am also planning to start filling out the project summary form. I will upload the working document as I fill out each section for everyone's review.

Regards,
Farhan

Arifa Khandwalla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, just a few comments about the screening form.

With regards to critical need and social return on the screening form, we will have a better answer once Javed gets back to me with an explanation of how the CP machine extends the capability of the lab. In addition, they have 4 registered patients with Thalessimia. The question then is what treatment are they getting right now with their existing equipment.

I have been impressed with Javed's prompt responses.

Given that they do not have to higher additional staff, capability already exists within the NGO to execute this project. A site visit will clarify this better.

Metrics could be the number of thalessimia patients served and the frequency of their visits. Further, patient surveys can be conducted.

Shahan Zafar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Few Initial Thoughts Reply with quote

Team:
Sorry for jumping in late here but wanted to share some of my initial thoughts with the project team around the project. I agree with the areas of diligence you guys are focusing from what I can gather from my quick read of the forum. I would also encourage you to better understand the ROI of the investment for the life of the machine. Key questions for me to understand are:
1) What is the average life of the machine
2) How many patients per year can the machine cater to
3) What are the skillsets, infrastructure and maintenance costs required to keep the machine functioning
4) The budget split between machine and medicine. Especially need to understand the cut between initial capex and recurring opex/capex.

I will post some additional thoughts on this on the project but wanted to share my gut thoughts in the interest of time. Please let me know if you guys disagree with any of these areas of focus.
Regards,
Shahan
Arifa Khandwalla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am attaching Javed's response to the questions about the CP machine.

The

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> Dropped All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: