Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Projects At Indus Earth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah Karim

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Projects at Indus Earth Reply with quote

Salaam -

I recently stumbled across a Karachi-based organization whose projects might be of interest to ADP. I have not personally met any of the Directors or persons involved with the org - which is why I've not submitted an official "project proposal" - and thought this might be the best place to post the info below to generate any ideas/further thoughts. As the initial feasibility has already been done by the organization, it seems it would just be a matter of directly asking the organization for the info without doing too much ground work.

The organization's mission is provided, followed by specific projects that they need funds for. A point to note is that I was unable to find when the website has been most recently updated, but it seems the org continuously has projects in the pipeline.

~Sarah

www.indusearth.org

VISION
Help the poor to build better lives.

MISSION
Facilitate a movement to raise the living standard by enhanced quality of
socio-economic conditions through an integrated development approach.

OBJECTIVES
Help rural and semi-urban communities to find out and mobilize available local resources for sustainable community development

Facilitate the income generation process by strengthening and enhancing the micro credit programs

Formulate a comprehensive program for environment protection

Help underprivileged people formulate, plan and implement community development programs.

Improving health and hygiene conditions of marginalized people

Introduce appropriate technology among the rural and semi-urban communities

Introduce modern agricultural technologies among the rural communities

Create the sense of ownership and self-help principle among the poor through special capacity building programs

Currently we are looking at the following type of projects for various locations around Sindh and Balochistan. The initial feasibility has been done with estimated project costs; their implementation is held back by our lack of funds and/or technical equipment.

We are looking for active donors who would be willing to provide partial funds towards these projects. Apart from cash donations, we also accept equipment donations.

CURRENT NEEDS
We are currently seeking donations to purchase the following equipment.

USD $900

Borehole - 120 ft. deep

USD $3000

Borehole - 400 ft. deep

USD $500

Hand Pump - deep well

USD $2400

Wind Mill - 10ft. dia. blade

USD $2500

Wind Turbine - 500W (lighting for 8 huts)

USD $4700

Wind Turbine - 1Kw (electricity for school/clinic)

USD $650

Storage Tank - 1000 gal.

USD $1250

Storage Tank - 2000 gal.

USD $350

Smokeless Stove - 4 No.

USD $420

Drip Irrigation System per acre

USD $300

Fishing Gill Net - 300 ft.
Justin Stone

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a very compelling organization. This is as good a lead as any other we have. I suggest someone from ADP make contact through their website (http://www.indusearth.org/contact.htm), introduce ADP and direct them to our project proposal form online.

If they submit a proposal, we can reach out to our contacts to see if anyone can provide a reference.

Does anybody have a connection to them? If not, I can get in touch. Sarah, did you want to contact them on behalf of ADP? Let me know...

~Justin
Sarah Karim

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin -

After receiving your email, I briefly spoke with Andrew Patrick, Administrator for Indus Earth, and he was very interested in ADP. What I gathered from my brief convo, they are currently working on two projects in coastal areas as funded by CEDA and Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund, and have some projects in the pipeline that they may definitely want funding for, including one that focuses on dams in Balochistan. Either way, I've directed him to ADP's website to fill a project proposal out - which he will discuss with his CEO, Mr. Shahid Khan prior to filling it out.

If ADP likes the proposal - or would like further information if/when it is submitted - getting a reference/more information for them will not be a problem.

~Sarah
Justin Stone

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great, Sarah. Thanks. I look forward to getting something from them... By description, the org seems like a perfect fit for ADP - sharing a broad approach to development...

~Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> Dropped All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: