Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Weldo-my First Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henna Butt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: WELDO-My First Project Reply with quote

hello everyone-attached is a project proposal that we received from an organization based out of Pakistan called WELDO. Please take a look and I will see if we can add this to the agenda for Sunday.

Thanks!
Henna
Justin Stone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henna,

I really like the idea. I wonder if we can work with them to narrow the criteria for qualifying projects (presumably only for projects funded by ADP). They may not need to fit our usual criteria, but should at least be in keeping with the spirit...

I'm also not sure about the 'fee based' componenent of the proposal. I'd like to learn more about how this will be structured.

Otherwise, this sounds very promising!

~Justin

p.s. If you haven't already, would you upload this doc to the members are of the website? That seems like the most natural repository...
Adnan Khalid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henna,

Do you have any more information about the organization (WELDO) itself? Is it the Women Empowerment Literacy and Development Organization (http://www.weldo.org) ? How long have the been around, who runs it, eaxmples of work they have done in the past, do they have a website, etc? Also could you tell us through what channel this proposal was received (website, direct contact through a member, etc)?

Thanks,
-adnan
Tarim Wasim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and quite different from the kinds of projects we see. I would love to explore this one further. Adnan, the lead came from our NGO mass mailing and Henna has been followng up with them.
Henna Butt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Answers to Meeting Questions Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am attaching Sijal's response to the questions that we had yesterday from the meeting. As you can see she is VERY responsive. Do let me know your thoughts...

Thanks
Henna
Justin Stone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henna,

This looks terrific!!

Are you familiar with Weldo? Is anybody else? I'm wondering how we will evaluate the NGO; not just the project.

In terms of the project, I'm glad to see that the selection criteria will be flexible. I think it will help ADP members deliberate in the early stages if we can define some assumptions about what the criteria should be, and make sure that Weldo will be comfortable with the loose definition.

For example, we should decide whether we want to encourage projects that will serve the community or an individual in a meaningful way (like ADP projects); not simply 'doing a nice thing for somebody.' If we're going to encourage 'leadership,' should we encourage civic-minded leadership? Or, is this less an important that simply supporting skill development at an early age?

Very promising!

~Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> Dropped All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: